RFI CD51-68-73 UHF GROUND INDEPENDENT MOPOLE ANTENNA (450-520MHz), STUD MOUNT, 5M COAXCD51-68-73
When the CD51 gets mounted on a vehicle gutter or similar position, these UHF Mopoles provide optimum performance with a largely omni directional pattern. Due to the low angle of radiation inherent in the dipole antenna pattern, a 4.0 dB improvement in performance is typical when compared to a ¼ wave whip in the centre of a metal roof.
The end fed design of the UHF Mopoles incorporates a truly unique transformer in the base section. In this patented feed assembly, the dielectric of the coaxial feeder cable is trimmed to a set length and then introduced into the coil in termination. The result is a precisely matched feed which is so consistent that tuning to frequency from a chart becomes a matter of course.
CD51 antennas are fitted with a flexible nylon radome over a copper element - ideal in industrial applications.
- Versatile - Ground plane independence allows alternative mounting locations
- Performance - High performance and largely omni-directional pattern when not centre roof mounted
- Convenient - Patented design allows termination or re-termination in seconds
- Stainless steel whip or flexible nylon whips cater to individual needs
- Durable - Base coil is virtually indestructible
- Unique transformer design
- Australian Patents #596830 and #656793
(1) Mopole™ antennas such as the CD50 and CD51 exhibit a 4dB improvement in performance over a ¼ wave whip but in pattern tests deliver only 2.0 to 2.5dB of actual gain. This improvement in performance can be attributed to a lower angle of radiation and is of particular benefit to users in rugged terrain conditions and in heavily built up city areas.
(2) Also available preterminated with 5m RFI 8058 RG58C/U (CD51-65-73)
- Ground plane independent design allows installation in almost any location.
- Robust UV stable base & flexible whip.
- Band : 450 - 520MHz
- Tunable Bandwidth : 13 MHz @ <1.5:1 VSWR
- Nominal Gain : 4dBi
- Tuning : Field tune to minimum VSWR using supplied tuning chart and VSWR Metre
- Power : 50 Watts
- Cable & Connector : 5M RG58 MIL-C-17G RFI RG58 (8058) COAX CABLE, Unterminated (No Connector).
- Whip Material : Copper braid element in flexible nylon tubing
- Suggested Installation : Bracket
- Whip Length : 360mm
- VSWR : 13 MHz @ <1.5:1 VSWR
- Mounting : Stud Mount - 13mm threaded stud & stepped nut.